Sign up to our newsletter to get the latest deals!

China visa

Old Chinese man

China holiday visa

If travelling to China from Australia, your passport must be valid for at least six months after the duration of your intended stay and you must also be able to provide evidence of a return or onward ticket. A visa is required for all travellers to China whether for tourism, business, employment or study purposes.

You should ensure that you obtain the appropriate visa for the purpose of your visit. It is very difficult to obtain a visa at Chinese border entry points.  For more China visa information, click here.  


Working holiday visa

China doesn't currently have any working holiday agreements with other countries but there are plenty of opportunities to volunteer in China.  Do your bit for Panda Conservation, teach English, or aid the community by lending a much-appreciated hand to local projects. Check out the volunteer projects in China here.

*The Small Print
We’ve tried to make this destination guide as accurate as possible but please double check the essentials like visas, health and safety, airport information etc with the relevant authorities before you travel.  STA Travel takes no responsibility for loss, injury or inconvenience caused as a result of this guide.  All prices listed are in the currency of the destination, unless otherwise stated.

Get $50 off your trip* when you book a store appointment.