Financial Planning Tips
With our pre travel checklist and top financial travel tips brought to you by Visa we've got your next trip sorted!
Pre Travel Checklist
1. Make sure you're set up for internet banking, it'll make it easier to manage your spending while you’re away.
2. Check the expiry date on your credit, debit or prepaid card and make sure it’s valid for the whole trip.
3. Photocopy your credit, debit or prepaid card(s) and passport details, and keep the copies in a place separate to the originals.
4. Financial institutions may put your accounts on hold when they are used in a foreign location, so let them know where and when you're travelling before you leave.
5. Your financial institution’s customer service number will be different in different countries. Jot down the phone numbers for the countries you're visiting before you go.
6. European merchants prefer PIN transactions, set up a 4-digit PIN with your financial institution for your credit, debit or prepaid card before you go.
Top Financial Travel Tips
1. Carrying large sums of cash when travelling is a real hassle. Plus, if it’s lost or stolen it could put a real damper on your trip! Use your Credit, Debit or Prepaid card for things like hotel bookings and car rentals to avoid carrying large sums of cash.
2. Reservations and rentals usually require a card number, so keep yours handy.
3. When withdrawing cash at ATMs, withdraw odd amounts, large notes can be hard to break.
4. Store your credit, debit, or prepaid cards in separate places, so you have a backup if you lose one.
For more tips on the smarter way to take your money travelling. Visit visa.com.au/gotravel