Price drop promise
• Price Drop Promise is only available on STA Travel’s ‘Blue Tickets’, first departing Australia, where all flights are on the one ticket number.
• Price Drop Promise is not valid on Child & Infant bookings.
• Price Drop Promise is only valid when the dates, cities & airline bookings classes are identical to those originally booked.
• Price Drop Promise may only be used once, and it must be used within 30 days of layby deposit or full payment of the booking & no later than 72hours before departure – whichever comes first.
• Price Drop Promise will only be offered on prices available to the general public from retail, online and call centre travel agencies incorporated and registered within Australia.
• All prices must be in Australian dollars and tickets issued via Australian IATA agencies only (IATA number and ABN must be displayed on quotation).
• The quote must be showing availability within the same economy booking class, with full fare rules and supplier terms & conditions listed. These must be identical and like for like with the STA Travel ticket in order to offer a Price Drop Promise.
• The quote needs to be presented to STA Travel on the same day as the quote was created by the competitor. The full-payment date, or ticketing deadline must be displayed on the quote, including date and time, which must not have passed.
• Online quotes must have the current date displayed on the payment screenshot.
• The Price Drop Promise will be valid against the initial competitor quote only. We will not enter into an ongoing price negotiation
• If you find a cheaper price, you must provide a full copy of the competitor quote on headed paper, which must also include the airline booking reference. If presenting an online quote a current screenshot of the webpage at the final payment stage must be provided with the current quote date included on the screenshot. Any quotes must contain a clear & matching description, travel dates, number of passengers, full price breakdown (the airfare, taxes & surcharges must be separately displayed).
• Where we believe there to be an erroneous fare displayed by a competitor or that the price offered is no longer available to book, we have 1 (one) full business day to investigate the pricing. If at this point we prove the price to be invalid/incorrect or unavailable in the same economy booking class the best STA Travel price will be offered.
• The amount of a Price Drop Promise on a flight is based on a reduction in fare only. Any reduction in taxes, fees or surcharges are not eligible for price drop protection.
• When the quote proves legitimate, STA Travel will allow the difference to be used as credit towards future flights, hotels/ tours or insurance, bookable through any STA Travel Store. Travel credit valid for 12 months from date of issue.
• Where Lay-by has been used, STA Travel will honour the lower price, this will be the new balance due and no credit will be due to the customer.
Virgin Australia Triple Velocity Points:
By activating the above Triple Points offer you agree to and accept the specific offer Terms and Conditions below.
To be eligible for the Triple Velocity Points promotion you must (1) Activate this offer between 12.01am AEDT 19 March 2018 and 11.59pm 26 March 2018 inclusive (Promotion Period); (2) book an Eligible Flight during the Promotion Period; and 3) enter a valid Velocity membership number at time of booking. Offer is only open to Velocity Frequent Flyer members. An Eligible Flight is a flight marketed and operated by Virgin Australia, for travel between 19 March 2018 and 12 February 2019 inclusive and booked in a fare class that normally accrues Points. Points cannot be earned on Velocity Reward Seat bookings. Flights can be booked in store or via phone, please mention promotion before booking. Codeshare services marketed or operated by partner airlines other than Virgin Australia are not eligible for this offer. The Velocity Points will be credited to the Velocity membership account entered at the time of booking and must be the passenger travelling on the Eligible Flight. Bonus Points will be applied to the base points only. Any applicable tier bonus earned will not attract Bonus points as a result of this offer. Bonus Points will be applied to the original purchased fare class and any upgrades will not attract Bonus Points as a result of this offer. This Velocity Points offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion. You should allow up to 4 weeks after the travel period for the bonus Velocity Points to be allocated. The Velocity Membership Terms and Conditions apply, available on Velocity Frequent Flyer website.