2. STA Travel will give away one $500 STA Travel voucher per month from 05/06/2016 to 30/06/2018. The entrants of each draw will consist of all new sign ups to receive the STA Travel e-newsletters within the previous month. A month runs from the first to the last day inclusive.
3. To be eligible, entrants must become part of the STA Travel community by signing up to receive STA Travel e-newsletters in their own name with their valid email address.
4. Entry is free and open to Australian residents only, aged 18 years or older who sign up to receive e-newsletters in a STA Travel store, via www.statravel.com.au/newsletter.htm, at a STA Travel event, by opting in to receiving marketing material when entering a competition or when making a booking during the month the promotional is being drawn for. Employees and immediate families of the Promoter and suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
5. The Promoter, STA Travel, reserves the right to request proof of residency at the stated address and identification for verification (to the Promoter's satisfaction in its discretion) before issuing the prize. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries containing and/or depicting illegal, sexually explicit or morally or racially offensive content will be ineligible to win. The Promoter's decision to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. Entrants may enter as many times as they like (one entry per unique valid email address) for the duration of the competition.
6. The winner will be chosen by an STA Travel representative on 5th of each month (if the 5th falls on a weekend the draw will be done on the next Monday) at STA Travel Level 3, 6 Riverside Quay, Southbank, Victoria, 3006. The prize drawing process is that will will extract all eligible entrants from our email database and chose a winner using the web-tool www.random.org to determine the winner.
7. The winner will be notified by email following the draw (within 24 hours). Their name and entry will be published on www.statravel.com.au and/or via our social networks. In the event that the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining (non-winning) eligible entries. Names of the winners (first name, last initial and city/state of residence) may also be announced in the STA Travel e-newsletter.
8. The Promoter may award the prize to the second chosen entry if the prize remains unclaimed within a 1 month period after the prize notification email is sent. In the event of any winner in the unclaimed prize judging, the winner will be notified by email and the winner's name and locality will be published on
9. The prize - $500 STA Travel Voucher – will have 6 months validity to be used. The dates will be stated on the voucher, otherwise it will be deemed to be forfeited by the winner.
10. Voucher must be presented at the start of the consultation process.
11. The Voucher is not transferable and not redeemable for cash. Any vouchered funds not used will be forfeited.
12. Once travel is booked and issued, all terms, conditions, travel validity & changes are subject to the airline’s fare rules & charges for the applicable class of travel booked.
13. The prize is valued at $AUD500.
14. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
15. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
16. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this promotion.
17. Your email data will never be sold or shared with another company. You will only receive emails from STA Travel and can unsubscribe at any time.
18. The laws of Australia apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
19. The Promoter is STA Travel Pty Ltd of Level 3, 6 Riverside Quay, Southbank, VIC, 3006 Australia. A.B.N 34 004 801 512, Vic 30808, NSW 2TA001112, ACT 216/D/3, QLD TAG G468, TASTAS128, WA 9TA75, NT 005, SA TTA56. NSW permit number - LTPS/16/04351