STA Travel Ultimate Adventure Competition
Terms and Conditions
By entering the STA Travel’s Ultimate Adventure Competition, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- STANDARD CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
- The Promoter is STA Travel Pty Ltd of Level 3, 6 Riverside Quay, Southbank, VIC, 3006 Australia. A.B.N 34004801512, Vic 30808, NSW 2TA001112, ACT 216/D/3, QLD TAG G468, TASTAS128, WA 9TA75, NT 005, SA TTA56.
- ELIGIBILITY – WHO CAN ENTER?
- Entry is free and open to Australian Passport Holders only. Must be 18 years of age or over to enter.
- Employees and immediate families of the Promoter and suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether by natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- The Promoter, STA Travel Pty Ltd, reserves the right to request proof of residency at the stated address and identification for verification (to the Promoter's satisfaction in its discretion) before issuing the prize. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter's decision to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries.
- HOW TO ENTER
- The promotion commences 01 August 2017 at 09:00am (AEST, Australian Eastern Standard Time) and concludes 31 August 2017 at 11.00pm (AEST, Australian Eastern Standard Time) (“the Promotional Period”).
- To be eligible to win, entrants must select their choice of Ultimate Adventure at www.statravel.com.au/ultimate-adventure-competition.htm, and provide their contact details during the promotion period.
- To enter the competition, participants must follow Clause 3, Sub Section 3.2
This competition is a game of chance, and winners will be selected randomly through Gleam (www.gleam.io). Valid entries are defined in this competition as following Clause 3, Sub Sections 3.2 and 3.3.
- The judge’s decision is final and no negotiation or correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter, its agents, affiliates or representatives will not be liable for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
- Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
- Entrants (including winners) in the competition can enter only once.
- HOW TO WIN
- Each entrant who has entered the competition over the Promotional Period and registered their details in accordance with clauses 2 and 3 will be entered into the prize judging.
- The final winner will be chosen at random using Gleam, by an STA Travel Marketing Department representative at 10.00am on 05 September 2017 at STA Travel, Level 3, 6 Riverside Quay, Southbank, Victoria, 3006.
- The winner will be notified in writing by email following the judging (within 24 hours).
- Their name and entry may be published on www.statravel.com.au and via our social networks following acceptance of the prize.
- Entrants can only enter in their own name. The Promoter, reserves the right to request proof of residency at the stated address and identification for verification (to the Promoter's satisfaction in its discretion) before issuing the prize. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter's decision to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries.
- Entrants may enter once per day during the Promotional Period.
- UNCLAIMED PRIZES
- If the prize remains unclaimed by 30 September 2017 (3 weeks following the prize notification email), the original winner forfeits the prize and will be advised in writing. In this event, the Promoter will award the unclaimed prize to the second drawn entry.
- The unclaimed prize draw will be made by an STA Travel Marketing Department representative at 10.00am on 30 September 2017 at STA Travel, Level 3, 6 Riverside Quay, Southbank, Victoria, 3006. The winner will be awarded to the second random entry generated by Gleam.
- The winner of the unclaimed prize draw will be contacted in writing by email, and may be published on www.statravel.com.au
- In the unlikely occurrence, the second drawn winner’s notification email is returned as undeliverable and a mobile phone number hasn’t been provided, the Promoter will re-judge until a valid winner has been contacted.
- There will be one (1) Major Prize Winner. The Major Prize Winner will receive: 1 x Return Flights, and a G Adventures tour to the destination that was selected when entering the competition.
- The total maximum prize is valued at $5000
- Trips must come from the approved list (see full list in Sub Section 6.4), travel must be started before 30 MAY 2018 and departure dates must be approved by G Adventures before booking in.
- List of G Adventures tours that are part of this competition are as follows:
- Morocco Kasbahs & Desert
- Delhi to Kathmandu Adventure
- Southern Thailand Sojourn
- Peru on a Shoestring
- San Diego, Grand Canyon & Vegas
- Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo
- The major prize winner will receive a G Adventures and Flights itinerary based upon the destination they chose, as outlined in Clause 3, Sub Section 3.2 and 3.3.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- Further spending money, cost of additional accommodation, meals, travel taxes, travel insurance, passports, visas, transport to and from departure point and all other ancillary costs, as well as obtaining any of these, is the responsibility of the winner.
- Prize is for the Major Winner only.
- The Major Prize must be booked before 15 October 2017, otherwise it will be deemed to be forfeited by the winner. In the event of an unclaimed draw taking place the flight booking deadline will be extended. Travel blackout periods apply and travel must be started before 30 MAY 2018 and departure dates must be approved by the promoter and G Adventures before booking in.
- Travel must begin in Australia and commence no later than 30 MAY 2018.
- Once booked and issued, all terms, conditions, travel validity & changes are subject to the airline’s fare rules & charges for the applicable class of travel booked.
- Any changes to the itinerary by the Winner will be subject to standard fees & surcharges and will be the responsibility of the passenger. All components of the prize must be taken together or otherwise are deemed to be forfeited. Travel is subject to booking availability and blackout periods may apply.
- Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other STA Travel or third party discounts or special offers.
- If the winners are unable to travel in accordance with the restrictions above, the winner shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize and an alternative winner may be chosen. If for any reason a winner drops out of the prize due to health or personal reasons, the Promoter has the right to select another winner subject to directions from a regulatory authority. The prize is for the winner’s use only and in no way covers or includes support for any accompanying partner, family or friend.
- In the event the competition prize expires, in no way will STA Travel Pty Ltd will be liable and therefore the prize will be deemed invalid.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to either provide an alternative travel destination to the same value as the original prize or, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any cancellation, delay or rescheduling of flights and any costs incurred as a result (including, without limitation, accommodation costs) will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law. Winners are advised to consult their healthcare professional regarding recommended immunisations and/or health checks prior to travelling and to check for travel warnings and any perceived hazards with appropriate authorities, including www.dfat.gov.au. STA Travel highly recommends Travel Insurance is purchased prior to departure
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this promotion.
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter, and may subsequently be edited and republished.
- The Promoter collects contact information about entrants in order to conduct the promotion and where appropriate award prizes and may also use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact entrants in the future with special offers via any medium including email and commercial electronic messages. If you do not provide the information, you cannot participate.
- The Promoter may partner with third parties in order to conduct the Promotion and may use information collected via this Promotion to assist the third party to contact entrants in the future with any special offers via email. The Promoter will not share your personal information without consent.
- Each entrant agrees, that the Promoters or its agents may do the following:
a) transfer personal information confidentially to the Promoters or other organisations that provide services in relation to this promotion;
b) disclose personal information to State and Territory lottery departments and/or;
c) publish the winners’ names as required under applicable law;
- In accepting the Prize, the Winner agrees to participate and co-operate as required in all marketing activities relating to the promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winner grants the Promoters a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the winner (and their travelling companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.