Menu Contact Us
Start the adventure


134 782

International internship in the USA

contact us to book

Work and travel the USA

If you're keen on overseas internships then check out our Internship USA program, allowing you to work in America for up to 18 months in a job directly related to your field of studies, your career, or your professional qualifications. You'll have access to international internships and professional career training that will leave you heads above the rest!

Why should I do an international internship?

It's the kind of work experience that will make your CV stand out from the pack and add a whole new dimension to your skill base. You'll gain front line experience, learn about the latest developments in your field, and make valuable career contacts. And your J-1 visa will also allow you to travel for up to a month at the end of your stay, so you can enjoy your hard earned cash!

What field could my international internship be in?

international internships

Internships or professional career training placements can be in the following fields:

Arts & Culture, Information Media & Communications, Education (non teaching posts), Social Sciences, Library Science, Counselling & Social Services, Management, Business Commerce & Finance (including Hospitality & Hotel Management), Health-Related Occupations, The Sciences, Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics & Industrial Occupations, Agriculture, Forestry & Fishing, Public Administration & Law

Placements should consist of practical training directly related to your field of study or chosen career. Practical training will vary from position to position, but should include a rotation of departments, if applicable, and a well-rounded exposure to the organisation.

What does an international internship include?

The Internships USA program includes:
  • The legal sponsorship necessary to obtain your J-1 visa
  • Assistance with obtaining your visa (you must pay for the work visa & related costs)
  • Advice on jobs, housing & transport
  • Handbook with tips on working & travelling around the USA
  • Support in the USA from our US partner’s Boston office (toll-free number)
  • Online meeting place for applicants
  • Travelex visa cash passport card
  • International calling card
  • Medical and baggage insurance cover for the duration of your stay
  • 24-hour, 7 days a week help line whilst in the USA
  • Lonely Planet guide to the USA

Am I eligible for Intern USA?

summer camp in usa

To be eligible for the Internships USA program you must:

• Be over 18 years old, and;

• Be a full-time student enrolled at an Australian university or TAFE college (minimum Diploma level course of two years duration)

• Students must commence their exchange within 6 months of completing their studies & be a full-time student when they apply

• No part-time students can be accepted

• International students are eligible to apply but the granting of visas is at the discretion of the US consulate