Oh Europe. The urge is always there, but the fact it’s coming up to their summer provides an even BIGGER excuse to jet out on a European adventure.
Here are 11 reasons why you need to experience a European summer
- 300 out of 365 days of the year the sun is always shining on the Mediterranean – the odds are in your favour that Mother Nature won’t ruin your holiday.
- Eat the real gelato. None of that try hard ice-cream that claims it is gelato back home. Tip: head off the main road, you’ll find the best gelato shops down there.
- Hop the Greek Islands til you drop. – There’s between 166 to 227 islands that you can visit
- Enjoy long days in the sun. Because the sun doesn’t go down until late at night – if you loved our daylight savings, then you’ll love Europe’s more!
- Enjoy the simple yet oh so delicious traditional Italian Food.
- Party non-stop on the most picturesque island, Ibiza. WARNING: This could send you broke, but it’s worth it. Your bank account will understand.
- See some of Europe’s most best-kept secrets, the main one being Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Visit the real Kings Landing, Dubrovnik, Croatia. And pray that one day Tyrion Lannister will rule the seven kingdoms.
- You’ll never stop learning while you are in Europe. The history of this great continent is so rich; each corner, laneway, main street has witnessed something amazing.
- The endless variety, you will never be bored in Europe. From mountains, to the seas, to vineyards and cute little towns to the big cities and iconic monuments.
- Last of all if none of the above has inspired you maybe just visiting Santorini and witnessing some of the most beautiful sunsets in the world will.
Craving a European summer adventure now? It’s not too late to book your flights or a Contiki tour if you have too many