We’ve all heard the song right? “The best things in life are free”. However, these days when you’re on the move with a bank balance depleting at an alarming rate, it can be seriouuuusly hard to believe. Luckily, often with the help of our BFF Mother Nature, the USA has plenty of experiences to enjoy all for a mere $0 (no joke). We’ve broken down a list of 20 to get you started…
1. Break a sweat on a hike and take a mandatory go-pro selfie at the Grand Canyon, Arizona.
2. Boogie in the French Quarter streets to the very best Live Jazz, New Orleans.
3. Pretend you’re a celeb in massive sunnies at the Walk of Fame, Hollywood “no pictures purrlease”
4. Tiptoe across a live volcano in Hawaii (The Big Island).
5. Climb red rock giants at the Arches National Park, Utah.
6. Have an ‘I’m on top of the world’ moment at Horseshoe Bend, Arizona.
7. Saturday Night Live or Good Morning America? Be one of those annoying audience members that laughs a little too loudly on US TV Shows, New York City
8. Live the Californian dream frolicking in the ocean at Malibu beach.
9. Make the (somewhat chilly) walk across the iconic Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco.
10. Release your (often hidden) Twilight mania at Olympic National Park in the real town of Forks, Washington. (We’re not to blame if you don’t meet a dreamy vampire/ werewolf?)
11. Feel like Kanye swaggering amongst impressive skyscrapers then head to super-cool Millennium Park for an outside concert and sculpture spotting, Chicago.
12. Been on the road a while and need some ‘you’ time? Head to Bayfront park, Miami for a free yoga class and channel your inner zen.
13. Get your astronaut on at the National Air and Space Museum, Washington D.C as well as an abundance of other free museums, monuments and parks to explore.
14. Blow last night’s hangover away, see the Statue of Liberty and panoramic views of Manhattan and Brooklyn with a free Staten Island ferry ride, New York City.
15. In an attempt to hopefully win the big bucks, book a free gambling lesson at Circus Circus Hotel, Las Vegas.
16. Get boozy on free samples of Belgian-style beer at the Allagash Brewery Tour, Portland.
17. Walk the freedom trail in Boston passing 16 of the city’s most prominent historical landmarks.
18. Did someone say free food? (eyes open wider) Check out Seattle’s expansive Pike Place Market, pick up some free food samples and watch the energetic street performers.
19. Play spot the movie setting whilst wandering through Central Park, New York City.
20. Cowboy boots at the ready, head to a honky tonk on Lower Broadway for free live country music, Nashville.