Unless you have been backpacking around the world (and if so why are you back?) you can’t have missed the new craze that has taken over the world, Pokémon Go! Many people are re-living their childhoods by playing this game and they aren’t the only ones, we are totally hooked too.
Are you playing? Come to one of our stores and if you catch one you could WIN 2 x Domestic return flights. That will help you get to new cities, catch more and up your score. All you have to do is snap a picture of a Pokémon at an STA Travel store, share, tag us in on Facebook or Twitter using #PokemonGo and tell us which store you found it in. As an added bonus if you are on your phone catching them all day and running out of juice then you can recharge your phone for free. Don’t forget to share your catches. Find your nearest store here. Terms and conditions apply – see below
To get you inspired of where you can go and catch them here are our top hunting locations
Terms and Conditions
By entering the STA Travel’s “Catch one in store” Competition, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- STANDARD CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
- The Promoter is STA Travel Pty Ltd of Level 3, 6 Riverside Quay, Southbank, VIC, 3006 Australia. A.B.N 34004801512, Vic 30808, NSW 2TA001112, ACT 216/D/3, QLD TAG G468, TASTAS128, WA 9TA75, NT 005, SA TTA56.
- The promotion commences 22nd July 2016 at 08:00am (AEDST, Australian Eastern Standard Time) and concludes 7th of August 2016 at 05.00pm (AEDST, Australian Eastern Standard Time) (“the Promotional Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY – WHO CAN ENTER?
- Entry is free and open to Australian residents 18 years of age or over.
- Employees and immediate families of the Promoter and suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether by natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- The Promoter, STA Travel Pty Ltd, reserves the right to request proof of residency at the stated address and identification for verification (to the Promoter’s satisfaction in its discretion) before issuing the prize.
- HOW TO ENTER
- The major prize is described in Section 6.1. To be eligible to win the major prize, entrants must go to an STA Travel store, find a Pokemon character using the Pokemon Go app and take a screenshot of the character with the STA Travel store in the background (using the Augmented reality mode). You can be in, or outside the store, as long as the photo has clearly been taken at an STA travel store.
- To enter, you must upload your photo of your character at an STA Travel store to social media; either Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Entrants must tag STA Travel (@STATravel on Facebook & Instagram, @STATravelAU on Twitter), hashtag #PokemonGo, and indicate which STA Travel store they are near.
- Each person must ensure they have correctly hashtagged #PokemonGo, tagged the correct STA Travel social media account, and said which store they are near or the entry will be deemed invalid.
- Multiple entries are permitted. You can enter as many times as you wish.
- You must ensure your social media account (Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter) is not set to private, otherwise your entry will be unable to be found.
- You must ensure your details on your social media account (Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter) are accurate and up to date to ensure you can be contacted by the Promoter. Entrants will be contacted by the social media account utilised to enter the competition. If the competition winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw the prize winner.
- All entries for the Major Prize must be received by 05.00pm on the 7th of August 2016 at 05.00pm (AEDST, Australian Eastern Standard Time). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
- HOW TO WIN
- This is a game of skill and will be judged based on the most creative photo (bonus points for showing a rare type of Pokémon). The winning entry will be chosen by a panel of judges on 8th of August, 2016 at STA Travel , Level 3, 6 Riverside Quay, Southbank, Victoria, 3006.
- The prize winner will be announced on STA Travel Australia’s social media platform after contacting the winners directly on the 10th of August 2016. Entry to this competition constitutes acceptance of the prizes awarded.
- Entrants can only enter in their own name. The Promoter, reserves the right to request proof of residency at the stated address and identification for verification (to the Promoter’s satisfaction in its discretion) before issuing the prize. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter’s decision to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries.
- UNCLAIMED PRIZES
- If the Major Prize remains unclaimed 48 hours after the winner has been contacted, the original winner forfeits the prize. In this event, the Promoter will award the unclaimed prize to the runner-up entry.
- In the unlikely occurrence the second drawn winner is unable to be contacted, the Promoter will re-judge until a valid winner has been contacted.
- There will be one (1) Major Prize Winner only. The Major Prize Winner will receive: Two return economy class tickets with Virgin Australia to your choice of either Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide or Perth.
Valid for departures 8th of August 2016 until 31st December 2016. Prize must be booked at least 14 days in advance, but no later than 31st of August 2016 when prize becomes void.
Prize is subject to availability in a specific class and is non-refundable, non-transferable or redeemable for cash. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- All spending money, cost of additional accommodation, meals, travel taxes, travel insurance, transport to and from departure point and all other ancillary costs, as well as obtaining any of these, is the responsibility of the winner.
- The Major Prize is for the Major Winner plus one travel companion only.
- Once booked and issued, all terms, conditions, travel validity & changes are subject to the airline’s fare rules, terms and conditions & charges may apply for any changes necessary.
- Any changes to the itinerary by the Winner will be subject to standard fees & surcharges and will be the responsibility of the passenger. All components of the prize must be taken together or otherwise are deemed to be forfeited. Travel is subject to booking availability and blackout periods may apply.
- If the winner is unable to travel in accordance with the restrictions above, the winner shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize. If for any reason a winner drops out of the prize due to health or personal reasons, the Promoter has the right to select another winner subject to directions from a regulatory authority.
- In the event the competition prize expires, in no way will STA Travel Pty Ltd will be liable and therefore the prize will be deemed invalid.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to either provide an alternative travel destination to the same value as the original prize or, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any cancellation, delay or rescheduling of flights and any costs incurred as a result (including, without limitation, accommodation costs) will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Participation in this promotion is at your own risk and it is the responsibility of individuals to stay alert and pay attention to their surroundings at all times. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the promotion except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law. Winners are advised to consult their healthcare professional regarding recommended immunisations and/or health checks prior to travelling and to check for travel warnings and any perceived hazards with appropriate authorities, including dfat.gov.au. STA Travel highly recommends Travel Insurance is purchased prior to departure
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this promotion.
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter, and may subsequently be edited and republished.
- The Promoter collects contact information about entrants in order to conduct the promotion and where appropriate award prizes and may also use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact entrants in the future with special offers via any medium including email and commercial electronic messages. If you do not provide the information, you cannot participate.
- The Promoter may partner with third parties in order to conduct the Promotion and may use information collected via this for means of marketing. Each entrant agrees, that the Promoters or its agents may do the following:
- a) transfer personal information confidentially to the Promoters or other organisations that provide services in relation to this promotion;
b) disclose personal information to State and Territory lottery departments and/or;
c) publish the winners’ names as required under applicable law;
- In accepting the Prize, the Winner agrees to participate and co-operate as required in all marketing activities relating to the promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winner grants the Promoters a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the winner (and their travelling companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Each entrants agrees that by submitting their entry that they would like to join the STA Travel marketing database, whereby they may be contacted from time to time about promotions, deals and competitions.